Friday, July 30, 2010

The end of my summer internship at Habitat



After two months of enjoyable work at Habitat, my summer internship is coming to an end. I will return in the Fall to pick up where I left off; but in the meantime, I want to share a few words about my summer with this organization.

Theodore Roosevelt said "Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." My experience at Habitat embodied that quote. When Executive Director Jessica Lindsley offered me the summer associate position, I was excited to get started. I already believed in Habitat's mission, and knew it would be a joy to work for Jessica; but I didn't know what an incredible pleasure it would be to work with all of the amazing groups of people and individuals that I've connected with during the season.

There is truly something special about the concept of home ownership and a community that believes in it so wholeheartedly that organizations like Habitat can thrive. As a Sheridan native, who has lived elsewhere and traveled back to the great state of Wyoming, I am thoroughly impressed with the monetary and volunteer support I've seen in our little town. The community's incredible willingness to partner with Habitat has made me proud to live in Sheridan!

So thank you all! I look forward to reconnecting with Habitat in the Fall. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment